Service leaders continue to transform their technology infrastructure required to build a modern service team. However, many organizations will struggle with the adoption of these new technologies. According to the Service Council’s 2021 Voice of the Field Service Engineer (VoFSE) survey, which witnessed 700+ technician respondents, 83% of FSEs agree technology makes them more productive. So how can service organizations ensure successful adoption of technology in the field?
Those organizations who are creating a best-in-class infrastructure are focusing on strategies which support upskilling their existing workforce through a combination of professional development and technology infrastructure to supplement knowledge.
Join us for an executive discussion on the strategic approaches best-in-class organizations are taking to make certain technology adoption is successful, including:
- Identifying the problem and priority
- Determining key stakeholders
- Collaborating in technology/vendor selection
- Mapping and aligning the technology to process workflows
- Managing adoption and rollout (continuous Change Management)
The Service Council will also reveal the current and desired capabilities of the FSE respondents to help you align your technology transformation initiatives and develop the appropriate strategy to encourage adoption.
- Bob Lamendola – VP, Infrastructure and Engineering Services, RICOH
- Gary York – CEO, Help Lightning
- John Carroll – CEO, Service Council
- Michael Israel – COO, Service Council